Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bleach Movie 4 - Hell Verse

I just recently watched the one of the latest Bleach Movie Series, Hell Verse. Although the Bleach anime has ended, I still think Bleach is a nice appreciative series. Despite of the fact Bleach really lengthen its anime story with a lot of unnecessary side stories, it still have some real nice episodes. This probably the reason that I wanted to look into their big project which objective is to impress the audience within a certain time limit. In this case, the movie really does a great job in an overall impression. Although some of the parts of the story still need more improvement, I will give this movie 7.5 in a 10 grade scale.

Many of you may be impressed that I am rating this anime. It is not because I want to be critical and judgmental of the work, but because I want to go into details of this particular animation. In this post, I will constantly be discussing what are to pros and cons about this particular movies on different aspects. I do hope that you will enjoy this post.

The movie starts with some unwelcome enemies attacking Ichigo's school and family. Fortunately, Ichigo and his ally are able to counter and put on the fight with the masked enemies. However, Ichigo and his friends are pretty unsuccessful in fighting enemies with unknown power and abilities. This part really does disappoint me little bit and I have to complained about the sound affect here. The sound affect just doesn't match the mood and the current situation. It is kind of odd to see some enemies beating up the protagonist with some rock music affect. It is not only the music, but also the action as well. The action is just a little to slow. I feel like I am watching almost everything in slow motion. I found that awkward and weird.



During the fight there is something interesting that happens, the Hell gate appeared. This foreshadows how Hell later becomes an ally of Ichigo to fight against to one who try to escape from eternal torturing. Even though Ichigo was successful in protecting the school and his friends, he lost his one of his sister, Yuzu, to the enemies. This causes Ichigo and his friends to enter Hell with the assistance of Kokuto, a Sinner from Hell. This is the part that when action plays a major role. I really like about the new skills and techniques that the director decided to give to Ichigo's ally in this particular movie. All the smashing and damaging are all done in a very quick motion. Absolutely a great part for action anime like Bleach.

In the aspect of character design, I really do think the Sinners can have a better looking. I mean if they are going to create a character who look that way, they should at least explain how they become like that. It would be a big improvement if they just create some more dialog in describing those Sinners.

With Kokuto's betrayal, Ichigo was provoked and transformed himself int to the hollow state when he is fight Ulquiorra Schiffer. That is a very interesting part to see Ichigo to transform into that state again because in the actual story he only been like that once. I personally think this state is the most intense state that Ichigo has every been in even the part he uses final getsuga tenshou. Unfortunately, the good part soon ended. Ichigo was sent back to the normal world because of losing consciousnesses.

After making his second return to Hell, Ichigo was given the power of Hell. This is the part where Hell decided to lend power to a human. Great transformation I have to give them that praise. The movie ended with Ichigo's beastness. That was a pretty awesome way to end this anime movie.


Sound:
Although sound was a bit off at the beginning, it gradually improve latter on the movie, especially when Ichigo transformed into the hollow. I will give it 7.5/10.

Character Design:
Sinners are really funny looking. I think they still need some improvement. However, the design of Ichigo's transformation doesn't seem too bad. I think it deserve 6.5/10

Story:
Still need some explanation. The Sinners that they are originally fighting somehow disappear because of their minority. That is somehow the biggest flaw that people show just ignore it. I will give them 6/10.

Action:
Great actions. I have no complaints, but praise. Definitely 10/10

Overall: 7.5/10

Hope you guys enjoy the review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment